Hey guys! So I don’t normally review anything but I recently bought a compact camera and I’m just over-the-moon happy about it that I thought ~
the internet has to know about this
So here I am writing about how I ended up with Canon M3 and yes, call me lame but I named her – and her name is mimi 😂. If you’re currently on the lookout for an everyday use camera I think this may just be for you!
I’ve been planning to buy a compact camera for awhiiile and within that time I’ve read Alot of camera reviews but to be honest, I don’t think they really helped me narrow down what I wanted/needed so I decided to make a list of what I want in a camera. Here’s mine!
+ compact + wi-fi connection + 18+mp + live preview + comes in white
+ tilt screen + interchangeable lenses + max price $800
Making a list really helped me specify which cameras I could possibly get. I wasn’t really looking at any specific brands but I’m kind of a little biased towards my preference with Canon since I do own a Canon DSLR 🙊
A few of the cameras that I was looking into were:
- LOVE the clean style & the price was well on my budget
- Didn’t like the photo quality but that’s probably cos I’m used to canon
- Love love love the way this series was designed – very retro
- Price was above my budget 😦 💔
- Was actually so close to getting this one! I loved that there was a sense of familiarity within the camera and the price was $699AUD with a lens so I was really really happy with it
- The only downside (speaking for myself here) is that there’s not really much to grip the camera with. It was perfectly compact but my hands were looking for that iconic Canon camera grip and as an SLR user, I love me some grips.
now on to the good stuff
– CANON M3 –
what convinced me
- it felt very familiar to me – this was an important quality to me as my SLR camera holds a very sentimental value & the one of the reasons I wanted a smaller camera was so I could get the same photo quality without having to carry around a heavy camera.
- i like to adjust the basics (ISO & F) on my camera to get that perfect shot. The Live Preview was definitely one of Canon’s selling points since they do it very well & accurately.
- if you ask me what my favourite colour is, I’d say White & it was one of the many things I looked for in a camera. Canon M3 does come in White (it’s so beautiful) but unfortunately the colour’s not available in Australia! 💔 But really happy with black ~ very classic
- it’s really like a mini slr!
- because I study product design at university, the way this camera was designed really satisfied my ergonomic requirements for a handheld product. Look at them sexy grips doe
- tilt screen – this feature AHH I just love it. It makes it so much easier to look at your camera especially when you’re standing up while trying to take a flatlay photo.
- WI-FI connection – tbh this is what I required the most since my SLR didn’t have it it was a pain having to remove the memory card every time I want to transfer photos to my laptop then to my phone. So so happy that most compact cameras now have built in wi-fi’s that makes life so much easier.
- iPhone app – photo transferring is so much easier & I absolutely love that I can use my phone as a camera remote with full access to ISO & Aperture adjustments
why I doubted it
- initially my budget was around $600-700 hence why M10 was perfect. But when I saw the M3, it was just pure happiness. I just needed it my life. It did cost me a little more but it was totally worth it! Ended up paying $791AUD for the camera kit (with 18-55mm lens) which I don’t think was too bad for the camera quality I’m getting.
- the flash – oh the flash. Although this wasn’t much of an issue for me, I didn’t like the fact that it looked VERY VERY flimsy. But since I don’t use it ~ eh.
- no viewfinder – for an SLR user, I kinda sometimes end up looking for a little peephole every time I take photos but GOOD NEWS you can actually buy it & simply attach it to the camera
Here are some image samples I took with my M3 – no filters were used in any of these photos, just creative adjustments based on my lighting ✌️️
And that’s it from me! I really really hope it helped you somehow or gave you an insight about this camera. I obviously looooove this thing and hopefully with it, I’ll be able to capture more things to share with you guys!
More info and camera Specs over here:
Got the best price over at:
Till next blog lovelies x